Monday 27 August 2012

One night in Kristiansand

Last thursday I went to the city just at nightfall together with Daniele, a really nice Italian guy from my buddy group. The idea was to capture something of the nightly atmosphere of Kristiansand, because it was a really nice and clear night, and to go to Kilden, the concert hall, to make some nice shots of the lighting at nighttime there. We did not really think about the weather, though, so we got cold quite fast because of the hefty sea wind around here. Still, I think we made some rather nice pictures that I am really proud to present to you after all:


First, a picture of the so-called "Lundbrua", the Lund bridge, leading to the city centre from Lund, the part of the city where my accomodation and the university are located


This is the view you get if you look to the left of the bridge, still on the Lund side


A view to some living houses on Lund, from the other side of the bridge


We found this very cool looking modern building there, too. The part illuminated in red changes colors after a while, I think there were blue and green at least, too


One of many small beaches near the city centre


I dont know what this fountain is called, but its right between Strandpromenaden and Markens gate, on the city promenade. We tried to capture the atmosphere around there with some slow shutter speed shots...






Then we moved on and tried to make some pictures of the beautiful light reflections on the water:




Now to my favorite shots... this is the little shipyard plaza with fish market, pizza restaurant and many other restaurants, too... already a favorite of mine in the daytime, I think this place really shines at night...




Whoa! Handshaking lightfest extravaganza!

Cool snapshot! The green thing on the left is a boat that just departed while we were taking shots...


Nice one. I think its a lobster fishing company. There was someone working inside, I believe... at half past 11 in the night...

Now for Kilden! Most of my shots were pretty blurry, just these two made it here... But they capture the lighting pretty nicely I think...

I think the greater part of the building is made entirely of wood!!!


Last, but not least, some of the sand sculptures at the promenade... these guys lost some of their facial features already...

A very nice Picasso-esque sculpture!


1 comment: